Sunday, March 26, 2006

This blog is for YOU!

I ran into my ex-girlfriend after 8 months of being apart. We sat down and had a great conversation about what we've been up to, who we've been hanging out with, and of course how both of our families were doing. She asked how teaching was going for me and what I was planning on doing after I quit. I didn't have an answer. I felt lost, confused, and let's just say hopeless. She told me of the Landmark Forum that she was attending that weekend and admittedly it sparked my interest. So much that I went to her Landmark graduation and found myself signing up for the next weekend. The seminar itself wasn't the selling point for me, it was me realizing that I needed something to grab onto and Landmark was the hope I had at that time.

The Wednesday before my scheduled forum rolls around and Landmark is calling me to give me the details and wondering if I was excited about "reinventing" myself. I was skeptical and little annoyed by the conversation, I quickly said, "sure" and got off the phone.

I woke up Friday morning feeling a little nervous, anxious, and excited at the same time. I walked into the big room, looking around, and automatically judging and wondering what everyone's problems were...after all, I was the most "normal" one there.

The weekend was emotionally exhausting and such an eye opener experience. I knew going in what my "issues" were and what I wanted to "fix," but I never knew how to do it. I never had the tools.

The Forum was coming to an end on Sunday and not only did I have a new understanding on what life is really about, I learned a lot about myself and about other people. Everyone is the same, nothing more; nothing less...it's just how we perceive ourselves.

Why am I writing this you ask??? Well, I went to my first seminar class and we split off into groups. We had our first group meeting on Monday consisting of 5 other people. We went around the table, taking turns sharing our stories. It was the coolest thing, listening to each and every one of them, getting a feel to who these people really are. One conversation struck me and this is why I am starting this blog. Someone said, "I was feeling great for the three days after the forum but then I kinda went back to the same place where I was before." I then realized that maybe she isn't getting the support she needs to further her "self" process along. Yeah, sure we have the weekly Thursday seminars, but like Landmark says, "Live in the moment." Living in the moment means moment to moment, day by day and if we ONLY have Thursdays, then what about the rest of the week? I started this blog for anyone and everyone to go to for support and to share their stories and breakthroughs. I hope that this helps and we can all live our lives the way we want to.

Now it's time to share...1,2,3...GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home