Sunday, April 23, 2006

Creating a New Possibility

I'm creating a new possibility that will require many different challenges. Jill, Gina, and I run an online clothing business, Accoyo! Apparel, that carries products made from alpaca fleece (wool). It's a rare soft fiber, which makes us unique in the fashion world, but also makes it more difficult for us to market. Most people don't know that an alpaca is an animal, a member of the llama family, and they are sheared for their fleece (wool). Last year was our first "real" season of online sales and we did well, but not enough. We realize it's a new company and it'll take time, however, I've finally acknowledged that my efforts have been lacking a bit. We've had many discussions on where our company is headed and we all agree on one thing: Accoyo! Apparel will be transformed into an alpaca teddy bear and accessory online business. Even though we feel passionate about our clothing line and know we have potential to make something out of it, we want to downsize our inventory. We are directing our company focus onto being MORE focused. We want to take alpaca teddy bears and accessories to a whole different level. In order for this to happen, we need to sell our clothing inventory and invest in our new product line. My Possibility: I am going to dedicate my "new" motivation to Accoyo! I will be creating challenges for myself that will set a pathway towards my success in this venture. I'm ready...let's go!

1 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is a sense of exhilaration that comes from facing head-on the hard truths and saying, 'We will never give up. We will never capitulate. It might take a long time, but we will find a way to prevail.'"
– Jim Collins

 

Post a Comment

<< Home