Thursday, May 04, 2006

Whoa!

It's the end of the school year for us; in fact our last day is Monday. I'm not going to be here tomorrow because I'm taking the Advance Course for Landmark. It seems like the last day for me today. We had our award ceremony this morning for K, 1st, and 2nd grade and I was looking around, realizing that it was my last one. I looked at my students and became very sad. I love each and every one of them and felt very lucky and privileged to have ended my teaching career with this class. They worked so hard for me for two years and I am so proud.

My story: It was my turn to go up and give my awards. As I mentioned before, I really don't enjoy speaking in front of a crowd so I was a bit nervous. As soon as I got up there, my nerves went away and I began to cry. I cried in front of everyone. I made a few of my students cry. I had such an overwhelming love for them as I stood up there, looking at their little faces. They are the greatest kids and I wish them nothing but the best. It's unfortunate the older they get, the harder it's going to be for them. I'm creating the possibility that my students will be strong enough to not fall onto the path that most do in this area. I'm creating the possibility that they will take what I taught them into their daily lives and excel in their future as they did for me in my classroom.

I feel sick.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Julie Neumark said...

there's always the FOUNDATION school.....they're going to be in need of a replacement soon.... ;)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Josh said...

I can imagine that this has to be a very emotional and crazy time for you my love. A chapter of your life is coming to a close, yet a new wonderful chapter is just begining. I'm so excited to be able to see you go through this new phase of your life. I have no doubt that these kids will remember you always and will carry the lessons that you have taught them. Go class!!!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...teary-eyed. You've done an amazing job the last few years at that school, and you will no doubt be remembered for your contributions, dedication and love for those children. You will remember them, as they will remember you.

Warmest thoughts as you leave, and joy for what is next in your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home