Monday, August 28, 2006

Let me be.

I had my class tonight and was really resistant to it. Their big thing is for everyone to participate and to share...I didn't want to. It's that pressure thing. When it's there, I don't want to do something because it doesn't feel authentic to me, it doesn't occur for me as being natural. I like to do things on my own pace and when I'm feeling comfortable or courageous, that's when I'll be the most self-expressed. For example, I've been resisting a conversation with a certain someone for awhile now and FINALLY sucked it up and became vulnerable. It felt natural because nobody forced me to speak up, nobody pressured me into sharing what I needed to. I felt an amazing weight being lifted off of me as soon as I opened up. It didn't matter what she was going to say because I was speaking my mind, clearing my head, something I needed to move forward. It was really great, I feel like I'm living this course because of how much I've been putting myself out there and sharing the things that I have. Just because I don't stand in front of everyone in my class, doesn't mean I'm not getting the course. I totally get SELP, I wouldn't be in it still if I didn't. SO BACK OFF PEOPLE! Just kidding! Well...half kidding;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home