Thursday, November 02, 2006

Communication: Access To Power

Whew! I put myself through a lot this year, growing as an individual and growing with the ones around me. It's been a 10 month long self bootcamp and yet I still felt like something was missing. I couldn't figure it out, not until I took the Communication Course last weekend.

In this course, we learned new distinctions, separate from the Forum and Advanced Course. Knowing them has enabled me to be stronger in every moment and really looking within myself to see what it is I want out of my life and feeling confident enough to acknowledge it...verbally. This course completely opened up my world, more than I thought possible. Communication is the key to love and affinity, without it dreams are hopeless and life is significant, a way that leaves us powerless in a world that puts limitations on everything we do. I got that there were things in my life I was making out to be more than they really are. It caused me to doubt myself, my integrity, and my natural way of being. I struggled with having conversations that could've made a difference in how I was living and how I was communicating in my relationships. My listening of others unknowingly was non-existent, I had point of views that made it difficult to hear what another was saying, even though I thought I was hearing it all.

For me, the course was like the forum in communication. I had several breakthroughs, ones that lit me up as soon as I got it. I got that speaking from nothing is the purest form of love and communication. It allows us to be free and acknowledge what's there for us in that very moment, opposed to our past and/or ego. We're present, our point of views are open, and our words are a natural flow to what is. Nothing can't be right or wrong, words don't need to be prepared or practiced, not as long as it's coming from within. Furthermore, I got that real listening will leave a person complete in the conversation, one won't have to keep talking and repeating over and over again to be heard. It creates a space to live in another's world, a gift, a new point of view that enables us to cause peace in every situation and in our relationships.

My new perception of communication was the missing piece to furthering my self-development and self-empowerment. Of course it's going to take practice and a lot of courage, but in the end, it will get me everything I want in my life and that's all worth it to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home