Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yay for Jam-bor-ie!

It's been three weeks since I completed the Landmark Forum. Two weeks ago my family household began planning a day for me...to celebrate my "new" self. They researched high and low, trying to come up with some good ideas to make the day feel like I really accomplished something. My sister tells me not to make plans for this past Saturday that it was going to be a bonding day for us. Of course I was all about it, but had NO idea what was going on or what it was for.

Saturday morning, we woke up pretty early to go to breakfast. I then realized that it wasn't just my sister who was planning this day full of fun. It was my sister-in-law and roommate as well. I was excited but still not getting it. We got into my roommates car and there were fliers taped on the windows, doors and glove compartment. It said that this was "Jam-bor-ie Day" and we were celebrating my new beginnings. It was the sweetest gesture they could've done for me at that moment. They told me they were doing this because I was so up and down with my emotions and they wanted me to know that I had their support...they are behind me 100%.

So we went out to breakfast, they chose one of my favorite restaurants and we sat down to order our food. My sister handed me an envelope, I opened it, and to my surprise, there was a gift certificate for a message. They made an appointment for me at 11 that morning, specifically after our hiking adventure. It was awesome.

The afternoon rolls around and my roommate and I are to meet my sister and sis-in-law somewhere in Monrovia. I had NO idea what we were doing next. We pull up and my sister directs us to go upstairs. We walked into a small waiting area and were greeted by an unfamiliar face. He introduced himself and I still had NO idea what this session was all about. He took us into his office and I was feeling a bit nervous. The office was a psychotherapy room, so the feeling was very cool, mellow and comforting. The music was relaxing in the background and the lighting was low and dim. I felt like I was in a spa. It was great. He began to tell me what I was there for and I was instantly intrigued and very open to what he was going to do...a Tarot Card reading (Yes, there are many fakes out there and my household was very aware of it as they searched for the "right" psychic. All three of them were skeptical, but still wanted to do it.). He explained to me that Tarot Card readings are basically used for people who need direction in their lives. It's another way to further the process of finding your "authentic" self. He was right! I never thought I'd be a believer but everything he read in the cards was exact. In fact, the first thing he said to me was, "Are you writing something? If you are, you should keep doing it." I was floored. He was referring to this blog that I had just started writing before we went and saw him. It was crazy! At the end of my reading, he actually said, "I feel like I should say Happy Birthday to you." How I interpreted it was that he was referring to my "new" self. I don't think I can really explain how cool and real it was unless you've experienced it. Everybody should do this if you find the "right" psychic.

After we left, we went to dinner and then saw a great movie. I loved it. Everything about my day of celebration was awesome. I felt really loved and supported. Thank you to my loving family for everything! It was the best and most thoughtful gift you could've given me. I know what I have to do now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home