Friday, May 05, 2006

50/50

Relationships are hard. In order for them to be successful, the effort has to be 50/50. That concept doesn't seem hard to me, but then again I haven't had a relationship that's been successful. So, what is it that I'm doing? Why do I have a hard time putting in my half? Or is it that I think I am and I'm oblivious to the fact that I'm not? I don't know. Does that mean I've been selfish in the past? Yup, I'm pretty sure that's what that means. If I'm only thinking of myself and not my significant other, arguing my points just to be right, not giving my whole self because I'm afraid, and keeping quiet when I need to speak up are all selfish acts. I get that now. Committment is doing everything in our power to make sure we succeed. If it means we have to put our selves aside once and while...good for us for being aware. If it means we have to back down and admit defeat, even when we feel we're "right"...good for us for caring that much. If it means we're making our selves vulnerable...good for us for being that strong. If it means we're speaking our minds...good for us for being honest. If we can't commit to do these things with the person we chose to have in our lives, then it's pointless...a waste of time because obviously we don't think they are worth all of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home