Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

I love my dad to pieces! He was the guy who held me in the hospital when I was born. He never gave up and continued to love me, knowing I may not survive. He played with us a lot while growing up. He was the human horse! He spoils us rotten with his love, affection, trust, and of course material things. He worked hard for our family, still does, always making sure we had everything we needed and everything we wanted. He used to take us each out on our own special days. It was never a question that he loved us all the same. We knew how lucky we were, how fortunate he made our lives. Disappointing him was the worst punishment. There was nothing worse than knowing we did something he didn't agree with or didn't like. He was at my bedside through all my hospital stays, making sure his baby was okay. When he walked me down the isle, I was terrified to let go. He makes us feel safe, he would do anything to protect us. I love hanging out with him. I can tell him anything and he won't judge. He formed a friendship with all three of us, a friendship that keeps us all so close and loving. He's a sentimental guy, one who will cry when he hears how much he's loved by us. He admires my mom, he loves her dearly. It makes me excited for that in my life because they make it a reality, that those partnerships do exist. He supports us through everything, even breaking it to him that he has two gay daughters. He made himself okay with it because of his unconditional love, like every father should. We don't live near each other, but he still influences my life everyday. I get my strength from him, he can literally do anything he wants. He's a positive role model, one that I look up to through all my life choices. He's proud of his family as much as we are proud that he's our dad. We are who we are today because of him, an incredible father that continues to believe in us and our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home