Friday, June 23, 2006

Settling

After watching the news, posting my own articles, and observing; I've come to realize that people really believe living is surviving, it's just a part of life. I think that's sad because with my new understanding of why we're here, I have a hard time with that perception. Take it from someone who just recieved the LAST fixed paycheck, who has no more vacation or sick days left, who is literally in between jobs right now. Believe it or not, I'm not stressed. I feel as long as I keep pursuing what I want, something will eventually fall into my lap. I'm having fun, I love the freedom, and if I wasn't in this position I would NEVER be able to do what I want.

I used to be more than willing to accept that life was hard, that I had to stay in this job because I needed the money, that things were just unfair. Again, this is the easy route to go. It's called settling for a life that we don't want because we don't deserve to be happy. Of course we derserve to be happy, right? Well, if we really felt that, we'd be taking action to make that happiness a reality. Settling doesn't make us happy, it depresses us because we feel stuck, like there's no way out. But, it's also comforting, we don't have to go into the unknown because that's where our fear lies, we're afraid to experience the new, too lazy to take action. This isn't the way to live, not by a long shot. Why do I have the right to be happy and you don't? Why do I get to do the things I want and you're stuck? The answer is easy. I'm no better than you, I have no more of a right, I just chose a different path. I chose a challenge. I chose to be happy.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to CHOOSE to be happy, to stop LETTING things happen, and begin MAKING things happen... I LOVE IT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home