Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A College Story

Gina and I were having a conversation about what we were like in college. I look back now and I'm literally blown away by myself. I was really immature, just like every other college kid. We'd drink like fish, skip class, talk trash, and seriously live like we were indestructible. I thought things were funny that really shouldn't have been viewed like that, I was never scared of anything. One story comes in mind when I write this.

My story: It was my sophomore year at Ohio State when my dad bought a 10 bedroom house. Kristen and I lived in it, along with eight of our friends. We chose to have a big party....a nine kegger to be exact. The only way we could afford it was by giving our plasma for $50 a person. Yeah, you read it right...we swapped plasma for beer! Ha! Anway, our friends had a band, we booked them for the night and prepared all day for the big bash.

As soon as we were ready, the crowd showed up. The band was playing, people were drinking, and everyone was having a great time. All of a sudden, this unfamiliar face comes walking through, headed towards the kegs. I spotted him almost instantly, approached him, and told him he had to leave (I knew he was an undercover cop, he just didn't fit.). He was resistant to my request at first, but then decided to leave....or so I thought.

Out of nowhere, we were surrounded by the police, a few on horses, two helicopters, cars, and two paddy wagons. Everyone began to scramble, I was left by myself. I looked up towards the house and saw Jason, my roommate, being coerced by a cop to come downstairs. I walked up to the cop because I felt bad Jason was the only one getting in trouble. She asked if I lived there and I said, "yes." She proceeded to put me up against the wall, pat me down, and put the on handcuffs. I thought it was funny. She walked me to the paddy wagon, where I had to step up the stairs to get inside. I couldn't believe it and I also didn't care. I was so rude to the cops, laughing and joking around with my friends, who were also arrested.

After a few hours of being held captive, they finally let us go, with a ticket of course. I had to go to court for "underage contributing to underage." We hired a lawyer, who got my charge down to a misdemeanor...phew! I ,then, went back home and joined the small party who hid the last keg. Oops!

Can you imagine if that happened to me now? NO! First, I'd be scared shitless. Second, I'd go to jail. And third, I'd be totally ashamed of myself. My how the mind changes over time...or should I say maturity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home