Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Writer's Block

Hi, my name is Jamie and I have writers block. I've been blank for only a few weeks now, but it feels longer. My friends and family have confronted me about my blogless blog and the only thing I can say is...I know man, it's worrying me too. I was thinking about checking myself into a creative writing class, but I'm not ready for that, it's not something I want to do yet. So instead, I've chosen to do it on my own. My technique thus far is to sit in front of my computer screen and yell nasty words at the keyboard. I figured this is a good way to get all my frustration out, so I can clear the mind and begin to write. I'm hopeful it'll start working soon. And, sometimes I'll just bang my head or punch the screen until I have to walk away. This gives me an opportunity to get up from the computer and collect my thoughts, due to all the pain that I suffer. Another strategy I use is my blank stare. Oh yeah, I'll literally sit in front of my computer for hours...I'm sure something will eventually pop into mind! However, my all time favorite is typing and then deleting everything I wrote. Sure, it sucks at first; but then I realize that words are just like anything else in life, eventually they'll come and go...it's all part of the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home