Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I worked this week.

On Monday morning, I got a 3 day substitute teaching job for a 5th grade class in Echo Park...tomorrow is my last day. I was nervous at first because I'm not used to the older ones and there's 31 of them. They stared me down as they entered the room, trying to get a feel of what I was going to be like, just as I stared them down doing the same. Ha! There's always that awkward moment with the first words, not really knowing what to say except, "There are rules and you better follow them!" I didn't say that, but I wanted to. Instead, I talked to them and said I'm a nice teacher, but it's definitely possible that I could turn mean if they make me. It's up to them if they want three days of fun or three days of misery....they chose fun. Phew!

The last two days have been really cool! They like me as much as I like them, we get along great:) I don't have to talk to them like they're babies and they actually do work all on their own. Awesome. If I had to do my teaching career over again, I would definitely choose the older grades I think. Yeah, it's been a good experience!

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I loved 5th grade!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home