Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Did I tell you?

I am a Self-Expression Leadership Program coach. SELP is the last course of the Landmark Curriculum of Living. I coach 5 participants and I love it! I picked a wonderful group of people; we instantly connected the minute we first got together.

In case you're wondering, the coaches attend the same classes and workdays as our participants for support and to meet at the very end. Then, we have one scheduled coaching call a week, where I assist them with whatever they need in order to be powerful in life and in their project. I'm literally their life coach for 4 months; it's awesome to participate in another's transformation when they have a lack of power. Not only is it helping someone else, it brings perspective back into my own life. It also gives me the ability to practice "getting off it" because I can't be in my own head when I'm on a coaching call. Whatever is confronting me in that moment, I have to put it aside to become fully present in order to coach affectively. And, since it keeps me in the conversation on a regular basis, I can coach others who are in my life and that in itself is a gift that I couldn't get anywhere else. Coaching rocks and so does self-development!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home