Friday, April 21, 2006

Challenge #5- Success!

For challenge #5, I put myself to the test again with public speaking.Here's my story:I arrived and hour early to meet up with my new friend, Martin. We had great conversation, it kept my mind off of what I was about to do later.He gave me a new understanding of how possibilities work...loved it!That'll be for another post...It was time to go into the seminar and I was feeling okay but not necessarily as relaxed as I would've liked to be.As soon as I sat down in my chair, my voices started to go off, "I don't really have to do this.I want to read it, but I don't think it's what our leader is asking, so it doesn't make sense for me to put myself out there and annoy others and for me to feel stupid.I'm not doing it."Our leader, Avi, finally gives us a chance to share and nobody raised their hands. "Damn, now I don't have an excuse NOT to go up there because nobody else wants to speak.Fine, I'll do it!"My hand went straight up into the air, as if there wasn't even a thought.He called my name and I stood behind another participant who spoke first.Once again, my heart was pounding, my body was shaking, and I felt hot.I looked at all the faces, and knew that everyone was generally interested about what I was going to say...which made me even more nervous!It was my turn and I began to speak.I explained about my blog and why I was up there...to meet my weekly challenge.I then proceeded to read my blog post "People are so different, yet so alike." My purpose was to give a shout-out to my group and to inspire people to work in their own groups.As I began reading it, I got more terrified.I'm not ONLY speaking in public right now, I'm sharing something that I wrote and felt very passionate about.It was the hardest thing imaginable...but, yet again...I did it!Challenge #5- SUCCESS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home