Saturday, May 27, 2006

"You are what you eat"

Remember that expression? It's so true. Anything we tell ourselves, we become it. Think about a time when you stopped doing something because it seemed too hard. Your voice probably told you, "I am too stupid for this. I can't do it." Then, you quit because that story seemed like reality. After all, you think you're "right" because you are the one saying it. It HAS to be true because nobody knows you like you do. Well, I'm here to tell you that it's not YOU telling you that. It's those negative thoughts and feelings that took over your mind, leaving YOU behind. You are being ruled by your ego, not your authentic self.

If we are being authentic, we wouldn't be thinking about ourself during a task. We would only be doing the task, to get it complete. We wouldn't be living a story of "I'm not good enough." "I can't love you." "I won't let you in." We would just Be and let things roll in the moment. We would be wearing the "I am powerful" thoughts because that's who we really are. When we're happy and authentic, we can do anything we put our minds to because we're telling ourselves that we can.

Tags:

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I got that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home