Thursday, May 25, 2006

People

I went to a bar last night to see The Ditty Bops with Julie and her two friends. The place was packed with people, all there to see the show. I was so distracted by all the movement and loud chatter; I had a hard time focusing. Finally, when I began to settle down, I started to notice the wide variety of people there. Everyone was having a good time and I couldn't help but to observe how much I really like being with people. I love that first conversation with someone new, someone I would never expect to be talking to. Questions overwhelm my mind when I'm listening to their stories and I can't help but to ask them. Sometimes I wonder if I'm asking too much, but I guess they wouldn't answer if that were true.

In the past year, I've really noticed how genuinely interested I am in other people. I've talked about this before with my household, how annoying it is when people don't ask questions. I often wonder if it's a maturity issue, or if people just aren't that interested. Either way, it doesn't matter because I realize that it's not all about Me. I don't care anymore if people don't know what to ask. They could be shy or maybe I'm dominating the conversation with my own questions. Even though, I do have stories and blah, blah, blah; nothing is better than getting to know someone new. I love it! It's like a game, trying to find out all the pieces in order to make a new friendship or relationship successful.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home