Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Car Ride

This is how messed up some people are. Last night, when we were driving to Fresno, this blue truck was keeping up with us. I was in the back, behind the passenger seat, enjoying the drive and listening to the music. All of a sudden, I look over and this middle-aged man was pushing his pelvis up in the air for us to view his male area. He was fully erect, with the look of sexual intention. I immediately ducked down and seriously couldn't relay to the girls what I just saw. When I finally did, we looked over again and he was jacking off to...probably my reaction. He quickly exited the freeway and left us in shock. I was traumatized and very disgusted. I've never, in my whole life, seen something like that before. We were sexually assaulted on the freeway and I'm sure it wasn't his first time. The scary part is this was probably a minor incident compared to what he's done or thinking about doing. Thankfully, Carrie took action today and called the police department to report it.

Hmmmm...maybe this is a good example of why I constantly write about Landmark and why our world needs to change. PEOPLE NEED TO CHANGE! This man gave me a negative experience, which turned into for a brief moment, "ALL straight men are perverts!" What!?! I don't believe that! I have too many wonderful men in my life to even think that. My point is one person CAN affect many, whether it's in a positive or negative way. This single man was able to affect my way of thinking for several minutes. Thankfully, I know he's just an individual with issues...he doesn't represent heterosexual men. If people would only take that perspective on, life would be a lot less hateful.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"one person CAN affect many, whether it's in a positive or negative way" very very true, and also a hard one for me to grasp. It is very easy to generalize one incident, one person, one mistake made from another, into a whole group of people. Very well said, very well put... hey look are you an outstanding writer.... who would of thunk it?... (is thunk a word?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home