Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Madonna

So, we drove to Fresno last night for the Madonna concert. We weren't looking forward to the drive at all, in fact Jill and I sat here before we left saying how it'd be cool if we didn't go. I'm SO glad we went! It was that much better than the LA show. The crowd had a different vibe, a genuine excitement to it. It was really loud and I could feel the energy circulating in the air as she danced and sang all over of the stage. She had a few messages to share with her audience, the reason why I think she chose Fresno as one of her venues. Madonna not only has something to say on her album, she has some political statements as well. She not only touched upon what's happening in our country, she broadened her concerns to all the unfortunate children around the world. Ones that are starving, infected with AIDS, and /or are homeless. I got this sense that Madonna began this tour with a purpose, to spread the word that our world is falling apart, that we need a change. It could be only my interpretation, maybe someone else thinks differently. I just know how her show came across to me and I totally respect and applaud her for using her celebrity power to make a difference. She's one of the few who has taken on her responsibility as being an American Citizen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home