Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shop For Life

Every time I go shopping, I try not to go too crazy because I quickly get bored of whatever I just bought. The newness wears away and I'm left with the urge to go shopping again, wondering what I'm going to buy next. It's fun to explore new stores with their new inventory. Styles change ALL the time. Jeans are fresh, shirts are colorful, and there are unlimited amounts of shoes to buy. I'm not afraid to shop, to look for new trends and styles, to try on things and put them back if they don't fit. I enjoy it, love it, and feel lucky that I'm able to do it. Once I find the shirt that's calling my name, the jeans that fit better than the last ones, and the shoes that match the outfit I've been dying to wear...I feel great! But, it doesn't last long. Nope. The newness goes away and then I'm back to the mall again, with my credit card in hand. I got used to something, something that I wanted, something that I got. That's why I'm ALWAYS ready for my next shopping adventure because it's just too much fun and I never know what else I'm going to find.

I want to live my life like I do when I'm shopping. I want to try on new things and not settle when they don't have my size or it's the wrong color. Being courageous is like being a shopper. Life changes as much as styles and trends do in the fashion world. We get bored because we're used to our same old routines, thoughts, and experiences. We already know it, there's nothing new to excite us, to motivate to keep pushing forward. To live courageously, we must go out and find the newness, the excitement, the niche that gives us the ability to grow as individuals. We must embrace the fear, our failures, and use it to our advantage to experience the thrill of life and conquering the unknown, making it the known. After all, there's nothing to know, what we don't know, we can find out. And, when we do, it prepares us for the next challenge, the next move or phase in our lives. It's what keeps the excitement and the thrill of life keeps going.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home