Sunday, July 30, 2006

Comfort Zone

I got an evite to go to a wine tasting event NEXT Wednesday from Jenn. I've only been wine tasting once in my life and it was in Ashtabula, Ohio. Ha! Ever since Jenn and I started hanging out again, life just got a little more interesting. You see, I'm a bit of a homebody. I enjoy being on my computer, sitting in my "designated" spot in the living room, and conversing with my household. I love that, it's a huge part of who I am, but there's another part who also loves an adventure. It's exciting to have the chance to step outside of my comfort zone once and awhile, with new people, in different places. I don't do it often, it's not a bad thing, however, it is what life is about...even as little as wine tasting. Thanks for the invite Jenn!

Hmmm...serioulsy though, I've done some big things in my life, like moving to Los Angeles and finding my rainbow in West Hollywood, but the small stuff was never a "living in the moment" thing for me. I never felt I was good at it. Watching Jill and Gina live like that always inspired me in the past. I envied the courage they both shared when doing all the fun things they've done and not thinking twice. It's literally how they bought their house too and that's only one example. Ask them about New Zealand and four wheeling in the Grand Canyon! I think too much during certain kinds of choices, which always leaves me back to where I started...back into my comfort zone. I even stressed about buying my plane ticket to New York before I hit the purchase button; however, it felt great afterwards! I need to remember that for future adventures, so I can experience life for what it's worth and live it instead of envy it.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger I'm not that boy said...

How much do I love the town name Ashtabula? I will tell you...buckets!!! That is so awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home