Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm getting old!

I tried hanging out with Reilly and 5 of his girl friends tonight. We were all at the house together so I figured, why not? I wanted to make the best of the situation. I think it took about 5 minutes before I realized I was the old lady. I couldn't even jump into the conversation, all they talked about was how drunk they were here, there, and everywhere. I remember those days, the stories, how funny we thought we were. Blahhh, I can't imagine having that young party craze again. It's exhausting to just think about it. Those are true signs of aging right there, not being able to keep up like I used to. Don't get me wrong, I can keep up for a day and night of drinking, but to do it three, four nights in a row...no way!

Yep, I'm getting old. I'm enjoying it, the knowledge and wisdom that comes along. It was cool to observe these 18 year olds tonight, I know so much that they haven't the first clue about. Only by experience will they ever get it.

I'm turning 30 in a few months, I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm excited to leave the 20s behind, some weren't the best years of my life. Sure, I had a lot of fun and many stories were made, but too much heartache and pain were attached. I think the 30s will be my decade, the time when I will shine! I've already had a taste of it, being 29 is like the appetizer. Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home