Thursday, August 31, 2006

I don't trust...

Myself. That’s the breakthrough discovery I had at Landmark this past weekend.

I participated in the Advanced Course this past weekend and discovered a whole new dimension to my comfort level and understanding of group dynamic – specifically my role. First, I believe it’s important to distinguish between the Forum and the Advanced Course.

In the Landmark Forum I was able to create new possibilities for living and experience a new and unique kind of freedom and power – a freedom to be at ease no matter what the circumstances and the power to be in action effectively.

In the Landmark Advanced Course I was able to create and design a future informed by my past, but not limited by it. A future that draws me forth powerfully into the present.

Once again, three long intensely self-reflective days awaited me. I jumped in once again, but this time things weren’t as easy and comforting for me. In the advanced course, a more community or group focus is encouraged – I learn from those around me. Thus I needed to open up and be with group. This was difficult for me – especially on Friday and Saturday as I wasn’t comfortable or willing “to be” with the group. On Sunday, things began to happen for me and I really embraced the breakthroughs I was having, as well as the awesome activities that allowed me to be more comfortable in my own skin. What I discovered is that I really was being my ACT… and through that ACT, I was not allowing myself “to be.”

“Who I am is the possibility of being bold and courageous. The ACT I’m giving up is that I don’t trust myself. That is who I am.”

Wow. What an adventure Landmark has been.

A thank you goes out to Jamie for enrolling me in this possibilities from the get-go. To Jill for reinforcing the dramatic difference Landmark can take and to Gina for helping me to realize my ACT (without her, I thought I didn’t trust “you”). Thank you ladies as I truly appreciate your dedication and love to me.

***This is Dragon Rider's Post...not Jamie

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I can't tell you how much fun I had with you last night! It made me realize how much I've missed you. This course had such a positive impact on you and I could tell thru all the conversations we had. I love you Dragon Rider! You're the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home