Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Eye Contact- is it flirting?

Before Landmark, I never thought of eye contact being as significant as it is with other people. Eye contact is really the gateway to letting people in and I learned that through the Advanced Course. It wasn't until this past weekend that I was confronted by it...twice. Now I realize how meaningful eye contact can be...hidden messages if you will. For instance, there's the "Look at me, so I can say hi.","I'm really pissed off", "Will you help me?", "I'm being serious.", "I'm listening.", "I'm interested in you." "I love you", and...I'm sure there's others, but that's all I have for now.

My Story #1:
I was sitting next to this woman, a very pretty one I might add, and we began to small talk. She was asking me questions and the "ex-girlfriend" topic came up. She was immediately intrigued and asked, "You mean a dating girlfriend?" I confirmed it and went on with my story. As I was talking, she had mad eye contact with me. It made me a little nervous, only because I can be shy in those moments. Why am I shy you ask? Well, when someone knows I'm gay and I'm not sure if they are, I don't want them to think I like them for fear of rejection. Hehe. It's stupid, I know; but ever since I became so aware of myself and the way I interact with other women, I can't help but notice how hard it is for me to keep the contact going, especially when the conversation is over and she is STILL looking at me. HAHA! Do I look away? Or do I keep the intensity going? I kept it going, but man was it tough; after all, I was letting her in. I couldn't help but wonder what her intent was, why was she so persistent in connecting with me like this? I didn't want to assume she was gay nor did I want to think she was even interested, so I embraced the fact that we were just having a nice conversation. Then all of a sudden, as she's hellbent on not letting me off the eye hook, she asks me a question, thinking that I said something I didn't. She caught herself and laughed, "OMG! You didn't say that did you? I so wasn't listening." It caught me off-guard, almost as if she was entranced in my eyes, she couldn't hear me. It was hilarious! And then, as we were parting, she says with that deep eye contact, "You have a really great laugh." And, looked at me as she walked away. Okay, now what did she mean? What message did she have for me? Is my gaydar really that bad that I couldn't tell? Haha! Luckily, I will be seeing her again so I guess I'll find out then.

My Story #2:
On Sunday night, another instance occurred with another woman...she was a cutie too. We were talking about Landmark, what we've done with it so far, and how we were introduced to this yummy education. She had crazy eye contact with me as well, especially after I told her it was my ex-girlfriend who introduced me. It made me nervous. Do I keep looking? Or do I stop this now? Is she gay and interested? Or am I just being extremely self-absorbed? Ha! I didn't know so I kept it going. I asked her if she has seen "What Is The Secret?" and she answered no. I said I'd email her a link and we exchanged cards. She was then intrigued by my "Accoyo!" card and we began talking about it. I told her I was on the web site and she said, "I'm definitely going to check it out then." Again, I was caught off-guard. What did that mean? And why does she keep looking at me like that? As we were leaving, she walked away with the same intense stare and said, "I look forward to your email." Uhhh...what just happened?

Haha, I'm so retarded, it makes me laugh. Am I really that unaware of what's going on or am I being a big wimp to acknowledge it? I dunno, but it's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home