Friday, March 02, 2007

Let's go!

It was my last night of being a coach in the Self-Expression Leadership Program and I am so happy to finally reach the end. My participants were rock stars all the way through and I can't begin to tell you how proud I was to be their coach. Acknowledged by Doris and the coaching team, my group was looked at as the powerhouse. They lead the class every week along with their own lives outside of Landmark. I was really present to each and everyone of their transformations. They got so much out of doing this course, it was truly amazing to watch them grow into individuals along with being community leaders. They really stepped up to the plate and I truly feel honored to be a part of what they accomplished. That alone was worth all the time and energy I gave to this 4 month long course. It was me being for other people and really getting how to be a stand for others and their lives.

After all the participants left, we had our last coaching meeting. Doris turned to me and said, "I have something to say to you. You are a natural leader, you've done miracles with your group, and I want you to consider being a head coach for another course." Although, it was very flattering, to be acknowledged like that in front of everyone, I declined. I told her it's time for me to take a breather, but thanked her for saying what she did. It felt really great to finally say, "Okay guys. I'm finished and I'm going to live my life for me now." As I mentioned before, I will definitely be doing future courses in Landmark, but not at this moment. I feel like a free bird ready to take on life as I know it, as I want it, and as the possibilities I will continue to create for myself. Anything is possible and I really get that now. YAY!

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To everyone that is apart of this blog... i really hope you read this... Jamie, Jill, Gina, Calen, Josh.... well EVERYONE! I am writing because i finally caught up, for the past week now, i have been frantically reading everyone's posts from the very beginning, (which was back in March of 2006!)let me tell you it was ALOT of reading, and i was taking it all in like a little sponge. It is amazing how one person's actions can impact the lives of another that is clear across the United States! My hat is off for you all! The ability to share your experiences to mere strangers is amazing!

It not only showed me what i want with a "family", but even more importantly it showed me what direction to go next, what i want in my life, that i want ME to be HAPPY. Reading this has opened up my mind, my heart, and is pushing me in a direction that i KNOW will be a positive one!

My hat is off to you all! Thank you so much for sharing all that you have, *grins* and dont be surprised if you see even more "new" people popping in for a look, and some new comments, cause i am spreading the word like wild-fire! Looking forward to taking the weekend Forum.. soon very soon. Thanks again!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Brandy...I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say "you are more than welcome...and thank you!". One of the main points and purposes to Jamie's blog was to accomplish just what you indciated occured with you. Spreading the word, sharing experiences and connecting with one another on a different level. That's really what it's all about. I'm happy that you've been touched, moved and inspired by our thoughts, stories and other various things that we've had to say. Please do tell everyone you can and encourge them to share as well. This is a public forum after all!!!

Jamie...congrats on becoming complete with Landmark. I'm very proud of you!

Muah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home