Friday, March 31, 2006

Madonna

People always have their opinions about Madonna, but I think it's mostly because they're scared of her. She is one of the few people who has always been truly authentic, which has made her looked down upon at times. She doesn't care what people think. She knows what she wants and she makes it happen. I think that's why people don't understand her because they are not authentic themselves. They don't get that she is a "free" human being who gets what she wants, when she wants it because she can. I know I didn't. Now I see Madonna as an empowering woman who has a message for all of us...to be real. Listen to her most recent cd. She is amazing! It's funny because if I wasn't on this path to reinvent myself, I never would have taken the time to understand what she was saying. Her entire cd is about self-empowerment, so when I'm feeling down or even when I'm at my best, I crank it up and get lost in it. It's like a quick fix or a motivator and it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home