Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Never Assume

One of the worst things we can do to ourselves is making assumptions. I do it ALL THE TIME! It's terrible. I get really down about something and then it turns out I was wrong. All that wasted energy and feeling really crappy for nothing. I don't know why I think I can read minds or know what someone else is doing when I'm not there. It must be that "I'm all-knowing" thing that I've mentioned before. "I am Jamie, therefore I am right." It's hard NOT to assume, especially when you think you know the person. We make up these stories that don't even exist and we play along. Then, our moods change, we feel depressed and/or angry, and all of sudden our story turned out to be false and the night is ruined. Okay, so why do we do this again???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home