Friday, April 21, 2006

Sisterly Love

I love my sisters.Kristen and Jill are the best two sisters in the whole world...ONLY my opinion!We had a really fun childhood.We used to play these crazy games and make home movies.We'd crack each other up constantly.We did fight a lot but what siblings don't? The older we got, the closer we kept getting.The three of us ended up going to the same college and then becoming roommates.

It was exam week for Kristen during her freshman year of college when I went into the hospital back in '95.I'd been in there for 2 weeks already, when she made a surprise visit. That was an unforgettable moment for me.We lived together during my sophomore year of college.We had a blast!She's helped me through a lot, going through my separation and divorce.She took me in for a whole month, got me a few substitute teaching jobs, paid for my food and whatever else I needed.It was hard for us to leave Kristen when we moved.In fact, she was the one who drove us out to LA.She flew out here, leaving her kids at home to see me in the hospital a year and half ago. I love going home to see her.It makes me sad that we don't see each other more, but it doesn't make me love her any less."Absence makes the heart grow fonder."I believe that.

I literally kicked Jill into life.She had a huge bruise on her head when she was born.We were known as the Conehead Twins...we had long heads.Neither of us grew hair until we were 3, we looked like enormous babies...HA!We were close all the way through grade school.We even got in trouble together.For 3 whole weeks, she visited and slept in the hospital with me, always coming right after school or not going to school at all.We shared a dorm room together in college. Lucky for me because she almost went to another school but chose to join her twin sis.We had so much fun!I moved away from her and chose the married life.I missed her.I jumped on the chance to move to LA, after I realized my life needed to change.She welcomed me and we've been together ever since.I don't think she could support me anymore than she already does.Jill is a strong lady, a nurturer, and my best friend.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww shucks...I think you're pretty rad yourself.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me all weepy! I love you and miss you guys too! My kiddies are missing out on 2 amazing people (well, 3, Gina too) being in their life everyday- but they'll get to know you much better as they get older and we can come visit you more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home