Monday, May 22, 2006

Breaking The Habit

One thing I really wanted to change about myself was my justified use of procrastination. I used to put things off until the very last minute, which would turn into a complete freak out because I'd be so pressed for time. For some reason, I thought procrastinating helped me because it would keep me from doing all those annoying things I didn't want to do. I never stopped to think that I still had to do it, that I was prolonging my suffering, and it left me living the story that I was lazy and incapable.

Procrastination is not our friend. It seems like the answer at the time, due to those battling voices in our heads, but in reality it's just a form of laziness. People say there's not enough time, but that's just another excuse not to do it. EVERYONE has the same number of hours in a day. Why is it that some can find the time and some can't? Gee, one can only imagine...

I'm still guilty of this and I'll be the first to admit it. I AM working on it though. I've started to make "To Do" Lists independent of this blog. It keeps me focused and I can mark off as I go. It's actually a great tool to use and satisfying, especially when you're trying to break a life altering habit like procrastination.

Tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Um, I love lists. My life wouldn't be the same without them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home