Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fear

I'm sitting in a crowded room, I glance over and my eyes are met with something special. I go back and forth on whether to approach her, thinking of all the reasons why she will reject me. I forget about all the wonderful things that I possess and all the great things I can give her. I forget that she could be the woman I've been searching for, the woman that I've only imagined myself with. Before I know it, I'm leaving the room and the one chance I had for true love is gone...all because of FEAR! Sound familiar?

Fear is what stops us from doing, seeing, and growing. Fear takes on so many different forms in life and sometimes we don't even know it's there. I fear to try new things because I'm afraid to fail. I fear to talk to people because I'm afraid of what they think of me. I fear looking for a new job because I don't want to leave my comfort zone. I fear to let go of old relationships because who else is out there for me? I fear to let someone know how I feel because they may reject me. Huh!?! Really!?! I'm going to let all of these wonderful things pass me by because I'm scared? That would be cheating myself from living a life of happiness...the reason I'm here. My goal is to get a new perspective on my own fears and start doing what I want to do. I don't want to live in fear anymore...it's not free.

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Josh said...

"Usually when you walk directly up to your fears, you'll find that your perceptions were the scariest thing about the situation" - Unknown

So true....don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home