Thursday, May 18, 2006

A New Game

Last evening, during a conversation I had with Calen and Gina; I realized why this week has been so difficult for me. Everything that has defined me over the years, about who I am, has suddenly disappeared all at once. I'm not a teacher anymore. It's not Jamie and her anymore. I'm not a victim. I'm not perfect. I'm completely free of everything that held meaning to me and now I'm back to square one. When I think about it, it's exciting! There's no reason to fear this awesome opportunity I have to re-invent myself. This is what I've been waiting for and I'm ready to play...how fun!

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Josh said...

You are so right Jamie! It's interesting and a little bit scary when the familiar is stripped away from us. When we find ourselves without the things that have defined us for so long we tend to freak out. This is a time to in a sense re-invent yourself. Watch out old, here comes the new Jamie!!!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Change is constant, complex, and often rapid. We can't control it. When we try, it becomes frightening, threatening. But we can learn to understand it, to work in harmony with it, to influence it, even to cultivate it."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home