Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Helpful Tip

Whenever you go to a big concert like Madonna, make sure you're in the right seat. If you're not, be unreasonable.

My Story: Josh and I had tickets together. I paid for half of his (expensive) for his birthday, with the intention that we'd get good seats. As we were trying to find them, we just kept getting closer and closer to the stage. I was having an adrenaline rush just by that alone. We found our seats and holy crap...these seats rocked! I was SO happy.

It was probably three songs into the concert, Madonna was just about to sing my favorite song, "Jump," from her new album. These two women came shoving through the crowded aisle, causing all this comotion, getting in my face and telling me that we were in their seats. Josh and I knew they were wrong, we were so sure of our seats when we sat down. They continued questioning everyone around, completely interrupting the show for us. At one point, Josh turns to me and says, "Just ignore them and watch the show. It's not worth you missing this!" At this point, the moment was ruined. We kept telling these ladies, along with the others sitting next to us, that they were in the wrong section. They kept waving their tickets in our faces and wouldn't listen. After an annoying 10 minutes of arguing with them that they were making a mistake, they finally realized they needed to move. They briefly passed by us and apologized nonchalantly. They obviously felt pretty silly, putting up a fight like that and turning out to be wrong. Humiliating really. I understood they were just trying to find their seats...they also paid a lot of money. But, they weren't listening to what we were were saying. We were ALL telling these women they were wrong and they continued to argue with us. It was weird.

My point: When we choose our arguments, we need to be wise about it. We need to make sure we have all the information, to validate the righteousness of the claim. If the argument is frustrating and seems to have no end, stop and re-evaluate the situation. We may find that it was our mistake and not the other person.

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Seriously! Those damn women. I can not stand inconsiderate concert goers. I think it's one of my pet peeves. Grrrr.

Thanks again for the wonderful b-day present baby! It was awesome and I'll be getting your money to you asap.

I had a great time.

"I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home