Friday, May 12, 2006

Reflection

I'm feeling better, but still a bit sniffly. I'm sitting here by myself, enjoying being alone and thinking about this past weekend. It was really hard to acknowledge what I did, but that in itself has empowered me in ways that I never thought possible. I never imagined myself being afraid of people, but in reality that's where my insecurities have come from. After all, my "having to be perfect" is my fear of what people think of me, not saying the "right" thing, and sounding stupid.

I've encountered many since my Advanced Course and normally I'd be acting, trying to sound good; which would keep me from being completely present to the person and our conversation. In this past week, I've felt more confident and very much at peace when I'm conversing with others. I feel there is no other way but to be honest with myself and to the people around me. I love my new perception of life, it has opened my eyes to all the goodness and new realms of possibilities that can be created for the transformation of our world views. Although, I am a work in progress, I now have the tools to see people for who they are and I'm more than willing to give my support where it's needed the most. We are all human beings in this game, we just happen to live in different parts of the world, under different circumstances; which is why life transformation is the key to peace and happiness.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Having a new outlook on life is great isn't it? It's so interesting to have that light bulb come on and all of a sudden you're able to see things in a totally different light. A sign of growth is the ability to have a new perspective. It's when you reach a point where you are able to look back on an old way of living or thinking and say to yourself...I cant believe that I used to do/act like that. Thank the universe I became wiser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home