Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Self-Expression and Leadership Program

The Landmark Curriculum consists of 3 parts:

The first one is the Forum, which was designed to get to the source of why we live the stories that we do. It teaches us how to be present and to accept ourselves for who we are, along with accepting the people around us. It creates the possibility to complete things in our lives that affects us from living a life full of happiness. Communication becomes a necessity for our own personal growth as well as the growth of our relationships.

The second part is the Advanced Course. After the forum, we gave up our stories and were left with a blank mind. We're feeling good and alive, but not entirely complete. The Advanced Course focuses in on the story that we can't seem to get rid of. Each forum graduate gets individual attention to get rid of the fear of being with people and being in group settings. We find our acts, which keeps us from being who we really are and stops us from doing the things we want to do. It teaches us how to work as a community, rather than it being all about "Me." We walk out knowing who we are and what our life purpose is.

The third part is SELP (Self-Expression and Leadership Program). This is the last part of the curriculum which will reinforce everything we've learned. We choose a project, something that will empower us, and work on it for 3 1/2 months. Each participant will be assigned a coach for support and to guide us in the areas where it's needed.

Marisa and I signed up for SELP in July and I can't wait! I'm choosing Accoyo! to be my project. Now that I have the tools to be successful, it will not be on the backburner anymore. I'm looking forward to putting my time and effort into Accoyo! because it's long over due. Accoyo! was a gift to us and I want to follow through with my committment. My Accoyo! challenges will be coming from SELP, so I'll keep you posted when they begin.

Tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Way to go baby! I can't wait to watch your success unfold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home