Friday, June 02, 2006

New friendship

Just got back from hiking. It was great. Juleen and I had some great conversations as we climbed the hard trail. I learned more about her today which of course makes me like her so much more. I am very excited about our new friendship.

It's very seldom that I meet someone that I immediately pursue to be my friend. I am a homebody, love being with Calen, Carrie, Jamie and Gina everyday and Josh on Sundays, Tuesdays and whenever else he decides to show up (love it). I mean, usually I have casual encounters, we hang for a moment, then I or they get busy and we kind of drift off. I don't feel like this will be the same thing. The last time I felt like this with someone was actually Carrie, who I hold dear to my heart to this day. She is someone I see almost everyday - when she isn't with Ryan of course.

So yeah, Juleen kicks ass and I feel blessed to have met her. I have only known her since Landmark, but feel like I have known her for years. I am able to talk to her about things that I normally wouldn't. So, it feels good.

Tags: Frienship, encounters, casual

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! i would have to agree, and again i am ALOT like you... i have many acquaintances but few close friends, that i would give my life to save from harm... okay that is maybe a little too much.. :).. but you get my point. It is very rare that i actually WANT to get close to someone based on merely friendship.... and surprise surprise i feel that way about both you and Jamie.. you guys are awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home