Thursday, August 24, 2006

Transformation Game

Last night my household came over, along with Julz, and she brought over this game called Transformation. We've been itchin to play it for awhile now and finally got the chance. We all sat around this big round table, with the game in the middle, it was a perfect fit. The game only involves four players at a time, Julz took the faciliator position on to guide me, Calen, Gina, and Jill thru. It was really cool.

The game consists of 4 stages: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. Before we begin the game, we each go around the table, choose a focus, and write it down. I chose being self-expressed around people who are outside of my comfort zone. Then, we choose a guiding angel that represents something and mine happend to be strength...go figure. The object to the game is to get thru all 4 stages and to cause some insight regarding the focus that we chose. We cannot have any setbacks(what stops us) and must collect at least 6 Awareness cards, along with a service card -OR- collect 3 angels to move onto the next stage. Each Awareness card has a word on it like "power", and the way this works is we apply that word to our lives, within that stage...if it can be applied. It's our own meanings and interpretations, that's why it's important to play this game with familiar people. When one goes, the others are there to help them thru by discussing what's going on with their cards, if need be. It's a good support system to have.

We began and Jill and I kept rolling the same dice and doing the same thing. It was creepy how dead on this game was. We were identical in the physical stage and all we did was choose the cards, the game was playing itself. One of my Physical Awareness cards said individuality on it, which was the first clue that this game was really something. I say this because it's been the theme of my whole life. I always had to be different from Jill and everybody else. Anyway, we both breezed thru and went onto the next, the emotional stage.

I knew I was going to get stuck in this stage, but didn't know the extremity of it. HA! I began collecting so many Emotional Awareness cards and nothing else. A few of my cards read "truthfulness", "stability"...huh, there were so many I can't remember now. It was one emotion after another, which put me last in the transformation line. Jill once again breezed thru, Calen and then Gina. It was funny, too, because I got a setback card that read "rejection"...gee, could that be anymore true? I couldn't move passed it, it was weird. It was saying a lot about my present level in life, I mean by reading this blog, anyone can tell how overloaded with emotion I am. The most ironic thing was that Gina chose a card, which gave her the ability to serve someone in the game. She chose me and made it possible for me to move onto the next stage. Hmmmm...does she not do this in real life too? Weird.

The next stage was the mental, I didn't know how this was going to go for me. I was stopped a few times, in fact one of my awareness cards read "disillusionment." This one stuck out for me, I thought about it for awhile. What was I disappointed about in my life thus far? A few things did come up eventually and now I get it. Crazy.

Spirituality was the last stage and because it took me so long to move passed the emotional, I had to play it alone. I knew it wasn't going to take me long, it was actually the quickest one for me. I'm very comfortable in my spirituality, it's without a doubt a huge part of my life now.

The game was eerily exact to where each of us are in our lives. It almost felt like we went to a psychic reading, all the cards and the way we handled each other thru the game is our reality. My blog was a huge topic in this game for me. I realized how unafraid I am to express myself and to let people know how I feel, but get me face to face with someone, I struggle. It was amazing to see that in front of me, to really look how self-expressed I am up close and personal. I get now that I don't have an issue of being self- expressed because I write to let people see me for who I am. It's not that I don't want to invite people in, in fact, it's the exact opposite, I AM inviting them in. It's that I've never verbally practiced it outside myself. I CAN do it. I know I have the words, I'm writing them here as they come to me.

End of the game: After we analyze each player, we then choose 4 cards,which gives us our "action plan." Here is mine:

1) Key Insight for my next steps-" You welcome the sun into your heart and let its warmth and love shine out to everyone." Could this be anymore more appropriate? Ha!

2) Watch out for this weakness, or possible limitation, which might set you back on your path- "You are set back by your control on your present level." Yep, I control my emotions and always have. I've done this for 29 years...shit. I need to just let them go, like I've been doing since I began Landmark.

3) Use this inner resource to dissolve and clear this barrier- "You discover that the more you give of yourself freely in service, the more you are given to give." Without a doubt, this is my SELP Course. Hehe.

4) Allow an Angel to support and inspire you on your next steps- "Spontaneity." It was funny to see this card, I talk about this ALL the time, how I need to be more spontaneous.

5) Welcome your Angel. Note any message. How will you put your Awareness into action? - "I will live life out loud!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home