Friday, January 26, 2007

A Communication Weekend

I have the Advanced Communication Course: The Power to Create, this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. I've talked to a few people about it already, they say it's very confronting, but it's the most powerful course yet. The listening of others is what we'll be focusing on. It creates a clearing for others in their communication with me, which is huge because I used to be one of those that used the "I have A.D.D." excuse when something wasn't heard or I couldn't focus on a given conversation. I know some of you don't get what I'm saying here, so let me try to explain. Think of a time where you've tried to speak to someone, but would shut down because it didn't seem inviting. They either get defensive, they don't seem that interested, or they aren't hearing what you need them to hear. This course coaches us how to step inside another's world, which gives them access to communicate effectively, and gives us the ability to see their point of view. It's like going deep inside, past the surface, and pulling out what's really going on without them even having to say it. It's amazing and I'm sure I'm going to be making some phone calls this weekend. I'm not sure who it's going be or what I have to say, but please be open to it...cause it could be any of you! Hehe.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to spend a day just talking with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home