Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sunday Night

I joined Marisa and Daniella for an evening at the Falcon, a bar that shows the L Word every Sunday night. A friend I haven't seen in awhile rented out a private room for all of us ladies to watch and mingle at the same time. It was super cool because I haven't been out in lesbian land for quite some time now, which has been intentional of course. Hehe. It's true, anytime I'd go out it'd be with my gay guy friends instead of throwing myself into a room full of new possibility and opportunity. Hmmm...what do I mean by that? Well, if you pointed me in the direction of a lesbian bar, I would walk the opposite way saying, "No thanks. Maybe next time." In fact, the last few times I've been in one was not because I wanted to go; but my friends dragged me there due to their love of the lady atmosphere. I'm so weird about this stuff and I totally call myself out on it constantly. I'm just glad I broke out of my shell finally because it hasn't always been like this for me. I used to be a little social butterfly, watching the "view" as I sip my beer. I could talk to anyone and really just have a good time, uncaring of how I was being in the moment. I'm not sure when that changed, it's definitely been in the last year. Thankfully, I saw what I've been missing...the relatedness and connection between gay women and I'm ready to have that again. After all, having lesbian friends is really fun, it's unique in its own way. Well...it is for me anyway;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home