Thursday, March 08, 2007

Subbing

I had my first experience of a Los Angeles high school today. I'm not subbing in an upper grade class, it just so happens that grades k-12 are on the same campus. It was really strange to walk through the halls, I haven't been back in a high school for years and now I know why I chose NOT to sub for the older kids...I'm really tiny compared to them. Seriously, they towered over me, I felt like I was the kid. Me intimidating? Now way! I mean what would I say? "Hi, I'm Ms Bowers and although I look small, I can be really mean and scary. So, you better watch out or I'll...I'll...tell your teacher on you!" Hehe. Yeah, the thought of being a teacher in an upper grade class sounds like a terrible idea, therefore, elementary it is:)

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA!... this made me smile! Thanks for a good beginning of a GREAT day! The only thing i could see being positive about you being an upper grade teacher would be the fact that you could very easily make an impact on their lives... i had a teacher that was 26 when i was a senior, that made a HUGE impact... hehehe.. maybe cause that was my first female crush! HA! im just saying... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home