Friday, March 31, 2006

Silence

All day today, I purposely focused on my surroundings, looking at details and things that I wouldn't normally notice and found that my voices were magically silent. Okay, maybe not magically, but it goes to show how ALL of us can control these negative feelings and thoughts as we should in order for us to succeed. It was actually really cool to just observe with a blank mind. Colors were brighter, objects were objects and things were things. No meanings, no negativity...just being. This weekend I'm going to sit somewhere that's crowded and see if I can observe my surroundings without making any sort of judgment or form any opinions while I'm watching. I'll report back and let you know how it went!

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing for starting this bog! You are the inspiration I need right now. I have been struggling. I love listening to your thoughts, and experiences, it insights me to action and reminds me not only to stay in the game but that there is a game. Thank you. This bog is a gift.

Kelly

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

That was an awesome comment..thank you. I admit it was a hard thing to do, but after a response like you just gave... totally worth it! Let's have some fun with this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home