Saturday, April 08, 2006

One step at a time.

I mentioned that I went hiking today and I realized something while I was huffing and puffing up the steepest hill at Runyon Canyon. Life transformation is like hiking up that steep hill. You stand at the bottom, look up, and wonder, "How am I going to get all the way up there without dying of exhaustion?" Then, without thought you take one step up, then another and another. Determination keeps your legs moving, even though your head is telling you to stop and take a break. The first several steps are the hardest, but then after awhile your body adjusts and the top of the hill gets closer and closer. Sure, there are some rough patches along the way, but that's only going to make you stronger, more conditioned to conquer that hill.

Finally, you make it to the top, your breathing heavy, your heart is pounding, and you're sweating up a storm. You look down at the hill that you just climbed and say, "Yeah, that was hard and painful but I'm going to feel good for the rest of the day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home