Friday, April 07, 2006

Challenge 2 - Success!

OMG! It was a success because I kept my word that I was going to stand up in front of all my seminar peeps and announce my blog. That's about all I can say about it being a success. How did I do you ask? Weeeellllll, that's another story...HA!

I purposely arrived early to read my book, to relax, and collect my thoughts for a bit. I obviously knew that I was going to be getting up in front of everyone to announce my blog and to pass out my postcards. This was a HUGE deal for me because though I'm a teacher, I am terrified of public speaking. 20 kids are a piece of cake compared to 65 random adults in a room...that'll scare the holy crap out of me and unfortunately that's exactly what happened.

Before we began the seminar, our coach asked if anyone wanted to share something and immediately my hand went up. I made a promise to myself to do this, so there wasn't even a thought about NOT doing it. There wasn't really any time to think because I knew what I had to do. I walk to the front and I'm feeling a little nervous, but not too bad yet. YET!

As soon as I looked at everyone, my heart started to race, my body was shaking uncontrollably, and I forgot what I was going to say. All my key points and reasons for starting this blog...GONE! I, then, went into panic mode, but was still able to spit some words out. I stumbled over my thoughts and then my words. I immediately felt like everyone was watching me shake and NOT listening to me speak.

After a few attempts to explain why I was up there, what my breakthrough was, and why I wrote this blog, it was finally over. Standing up there sharing MYself, MY thoughts, and MY new "project," was really hard for me and that's how I know it was a success...because I did it.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! You were and are awesome!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus I was completely inspired.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Martin said...

I LOVED it. You rock.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Awww...You just made me feel so much better about it. Thank you! And, thanks for posting:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home