Monday, May 22, 2006

The beauty of sharing.

I feel fantastic tonight! After school today, I met up with my friend, Sue. She took me to this amazing bookstore, one that I will be visiting often, and then treated me to a cup of coffee and an "authentic" conversation. Sue is a wise one. She's been working on herself for several years and really "gets" how to be present. She can accept things for what they are and not take anything personally. I loved listening to her words and taking in what she had to say. We will definitely be hanging out more often...she is the type of person that already has a positive impact on me and my personal growth. I really enjoyed myself this afternoon.

Then, I came home and Jill's friend, Juleen, was over visiting. They met in the Landmark Forum and kept in touch since. I briefly met her over that weekend, but really didn't get a chance to converse with her. I asked her how she's been since Landmark and she immediately lit up. Even though I didn't know her before Landmark, I could see the impact it already made on her life and how passionate she felt sharing it. It was awesome to the point where I "got" the excitement again. I have this feeling that we'll be seeing her more often...it was too natural of a meeting to think anything different.

Finally, I went to meet with my seminar group. At first, I was disappointed that I had to leave my house; but when I arrived my attitude changed. I saw Etty and Cesar standing outside of the building and I felt a sense of joy as I got out of my car to meet them. We walked up to Wanda's apartment and Walter was hanging out waiting for us. We immediately went into conversation and it felt productive, more than it has been for me in awhile. Everyone had so much to say, so much to share and we were all genuinely interested on what was going on in each other's lives. We may not have had the answers for one another, but by sharing what we did, I believe it'll come to us. In fact, on the drive home for me...I feel as though I may have "popped" again. I have so much energy right now, so much happiness and it was all because of 3 "real" conversations I had today. That's amazing.

Thank you to everyone that shared with me today. I really needed that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home