Saturday, May 13, 2006

Memories

Today is an interesting date for me. Every year when I acknowledge it's May 13th, I immediately think of my college graduation and what a disaster it was. Then I follow it with the events that took place on the 15th...the day I got married and the day I left him. Yup, that's right. I left my marriage on our one year wedding anniversary. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but I needed to. I can still go back to that hellish weekend and relive all the hurt and pain that occurred...even on my wedding night. I don't talk about it much. I don't really think about it and when I do, I keep it to myself. It's too bad those dates will always stick in my head, because they don't mean anything anymore. I know I'm over it, I've told him to his face that I have forgiven him and I really meant it. He's a good guy, we were just young and dumb. It's funny how memories will stick around for no good reason, but to leave a mark forever. At least, now I know this isn't a story that I will ever live by again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home