Tuesday, July 25, 2006

An Enlightened Vet Appointment

Another day, sitting alone. I'm realizing how good this is for me. It gives me more of a chance to be present, practice being present, keeping my mind blank from negativity and enjoying each moment that goes by.

I had to take ignatious to the vet this morning, he has an eye and ear infection. We went into the little room and to my delight, there were pictures with life quotes framed on the walls. I love that! I immediately had to comment on them when the Dr. came in. We had a cute little discussion on how they always get reactions from his clients. It's cool to acknowledge other people taking an interest in the same philosophies of life, it kind of reinforces everything that I am practicing today. The Dr. is an older man, who has had a lifetime of experiences. It's refreshing to observe people like him, who found the keys to life without doing Landmark or anything of the sort. It makes it even more of a reality, that once enlightenment occurs, life is intended to be happy and to be lived by each moment that comes.

One quote in particular stood out to me:

"The happiest people don't have everything. They make the best out of everything they have."

Hmmm...who knew I would get so much out of going to the vet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home