Monday, July 24, 2006

Happy Thoughts

There are so many things in life that one person can do to positively affect others....even as little as dog sitting. I talked to the owners tonight on my way home from my SELP class. I can't even begin to tell you about the gratitude they had in their voices. It was really cool, it kept me in check to why I chose this, why I gave up two weekends in a row to help this family out. They are so thankful for me being here, it's hard not to feel like I'm doing something good, like I'm making some kind of difference in their lives. That alone is enough reason to want to stay. I love making people happy, I love that I'm a reason they're able to have a good time on their vacation, and I especially love the trust they have in me. Let's face it, all I'm doing is hanging out in their nice big cozy home, playing with their fabulous dog, relaxing in the air conditioning, reading and writing as much as I possibly can, and I get to sleep in this enormous comfy bed. If anything, I'm the lucky one...I'm being paid for living the life that I'm creating for myself. Now that's a fun game to play!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home