Saturday, July 22, 2006

Living the life!

I'm staying at this big house, dog sitting, for a whole week. It's interesting to live the life of a rich person. Yesterday, their housekeeper, Ana, comes walking in...super nice lady. She goes upstairs and does her thing, while I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop and not lifting a finger to help. She wouldn't have let me anyway, that's what she does, it's her job. The next thing I know, I look outside and there's the gardner, cutting down branches and cleaning up the yard. I automatically pictured myself back there doing it because that's what I do at home. I can't imagine having someone doing it for us, what that would be like.

Last night the owners of the home calls me, checking in, making sure I had everything, and got the money that was sitting on the counter for dog and grocery purposes. He said to give Ana anything I needed done today, including my laundry. Huh!?! She would do my laundry? Whoa. I actually repeated that to him, "She would do my laundry?" He said, "Of course! That's what she does, just give it to her." So now I'm sitting here, wondering if I should ask her to do it. I'd feel weird asking her, I've never just told someone to do something for me. HA! But, would I be offending her if I started doing it myself and not giving her the job? I don't know. Oh, the dilemmas of the rich life! What a difficult world to live in. Yeah right, so when do I get to play this game?

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky! I hate doing laundry ;(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home