Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MarAssa

I just got off the phone with Marisa. It went really well and I feel so much better. I shared everything I wanted to, everything that I felt, everything that made me ME during the time we were together. I feel like a big weight has been lifted, I was fully self-expressed and uncaring of what I sounded like. I never really got how I used to hurt her for being so closed off and unattached. I asked her how she felt during all that time, it wasn't nice to hear but I needed to. For the first time, I was able to take her position on, in a way that I fully got the sadness and frustration I caused her. I couldn't have imagined being in her shoes, always wondering why she wasn't getting what I always expected from her and other people for that matter. I'm thankful for our conversation, the empathy I experienced. Without it, I never would've been fully complete and perhaps my old habits would be carried into the next relationship I fall in. I truly get how being vulnerable is the strongest form of love.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Way to become complete!

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Love you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home