Friday, August 04, 2006

Writing

Writing to me is like a game. As soon as I click to get the new and blank screen, my mind starts racing, wondering what I'm going to write. I love it. I just came home tonight from having a lovely dinner with Jenn and I immediately felt like writing as soon as I turned my computer on. I love words, I love the puzzle that sentence structure creates. I'll write a whole sentence, re-read and choose if the words are in the order I want them to be or if my thoughts are reading correctly. If they aren't, I'll rearrange until it makes sense...it's fun! Now, this doesn't mean my way of writing is the correct way, or I think it's "perfect" when I'm finished with a post. Nope, it just means I'm being self-expressed in my writing and I'm happy with the way I leave it. It's me being me in each moment that I write. There's nothing holding me back, I just type to what comes to mind. I never thought of myself as a writer, but I most definitely am.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone help me? I completed the Landmark Forum and will complete the advanced course next week. Amazing.

But I cannot remember so many things of my childhood that I have a hard time knowing "what happened". Only oen thing stands out and I was 14 at the time.

Its not that I had a terrible life and have blocked my past....I simply can't remember much outside of a few specifics.I want so much to get in touch with what might have happened between ages 5-8 to contribute to my strong suits.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Well, you're in luck! But, before I tell you why, I wanted to say thank you for your question and using this as a possible resource.

First of all, we all left the forum thinking we got so much out of it, which we did, it was awesome; but not to the extent as you do in the Advanced Course. I thought I knew everything about myself before going in, which wasn't the case at all. I even thought I lived a particular story my whole, but it turned out to be a totally different one that even went back farther than I expected...like 3 years old. My advice to you is to let the course take you this weekend. Jump in as deep as you can possibly go and all the information you're in search of will come out...guaranteed. It requires a lot of thinking and hard work, it depends how bad you want it. It's also typical to stress the week before the course, it just kind of happens like that...almost for a reason;)

Be open, be present...you're going to love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home