Monday, April 03, 2006

Controlling Your Energy

I've been reading a lot and the same word keeps popping out at me: Energy. Everything is about your energy level. If you're happy, you're energy level is high. If you're sad you have low energy. It makes total sense. I thought about a period in my life when I was depressed. Things weren't going my way, receiving bad news after bad news...I felt worthless, hopeless, angry...I felt it all. These feelings decreased my energy level to the point where I was extremely tired all the time and couldn't get myself to snap out of it. It was terrible. I was so low that the only way for me to handle my life was by seeing a therapist and taking anti-depressants. All the negativity literally exhausted me and kept me from doing the things that I wanted to do and/or exploring all my possibilities. I didn't have the tools to make myself better. I didn't understand that it was me doing this to me, punishing myself for stuff that didn't exist or was even the truth. I was feeling sorry for myself and for some reason, that was okay. Guess what? IT'S NOT OKAY! Everyone should be happy and living the life that they want. That's why we're here. We ALL have the right to be happy. We ALL have complete control of our own energy and I tested myself on that this weekend.
All day Saturday, anytime I didn't feel like doing something, even as little as washing my coffee cup after I was finished with it, I would make myself do it anyway. My goal was to challenge my inner voice to prove to myself I am in control. I realized after doing this, my energy level kept increasing and I think that's when I made the connection between confidence and energy. It's about having the highest form of energy and using it to get things done. When I have that much energy, it's kind of hard to sit there and do nothing because it's almost like a caffeine high, there's no settling down. Think about children and their energy levels. Their levels are pretty high, aren't they? It's because they don't have the experiences and worries that we do, so they are constantly acting, doing what they want because they have no fear. They feel good, happy, and confident. They have the energy to play what they want, color what they want, and learn what is important and fun to them. I will continue challenging myself until taking action is a natural part of my daily life like it was when I was a young child.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So..energy. Energy is not something I believed in before. I didn't get that I exude a lot of energy, whether good or bad. Now, I get that I have a lot to give, as do others, as does the universe. What I've come to realize is how important energy is in relationships, any kind. For instance, if I'm with somebody and picking up on a low energy from them, I'm left with a choice. I can either walk away and let them be, or a I can give them some of my energy, in an effort to pick them up. Why wouldn't somebody do this, especially with somebody that they care about. One of the main components of life is interaction with others. And, if we can't help each other, that doesn't leave us with much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home