Monday, April 10, 2006

Never say you can't.

Saying you can't do something is only an excuse to not do it. You're capable if you're willing to put forth the effort. A good example would be a few of my students. For the most part, they try hard and do a good job. But, then there's those who struggle, who say they can't, and immediately give up because they don't want to do the work. Everytime that happens, I tell them, "If you say you can't do this, then you won't be able to. But if you say you can, then you will. All I want is for you to try your best." They sit down frustrated...some will cry and others will pout. Then, something happens when they see the other kids doing it and all of a sudden they are back to work and most of the time...they get it right.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the same thing I said to my daughter .... "Sure, you can do it if only you would try." The only reason you are unable to do anything is because you did not want to do it. The only difference if you compare yourself is that it may take a little bit longer for you in the beginning. However, if you apply yourself, you might even surprise yourself that you can follow procedures and finish 'it' faster than everybody else. The point is to do what you have to do regardless of your feelings.

And yes, my daughter gets it done when she listens. I wish I could do the same thing all of the time.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

You can...you just have to really want it. Remember it's not about the big picture. It's about taking the steps to get there. It'll take time and a lot of effort, so be patient. I'm working on it myself...that's why I'm here.
Thank you for your comment and I hope you'll continue sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home